(SENIOR) SOFTWARE ENGINEER, FULL STACK (100%)
Kingfluencers is a fast growing Swiss startup. Not only are we the leading influencer marketing agency in Switzerland but also developing the technology to transform the marketing industry in this special segment. Our quest is to enable anyone to create an influencer marketing campaign by helping them to find the right influencers and execute these campaigns with minimal overhead. This will be delivered by our in-house technology as well as our web and mobile apps that are the main interfaces between us, customers and the influencers.
Our technology stack is built to focus on development and fast iteration. This allows us to come up with an idea, implement it on our backend and frontend and deploy the new version into production in less than 5 minutes. Including full stack hot code reloading.
The technologies we use include:
– Django/Python – Relay
– HTML/CSS – Webpack
– GraphQL – Heroku
– React & ReactNative – Postgres
You are excited to build something that will be used by influencers, marketing agencies and individuals internationally.
You not only accept but actively embrace the dynamic that comes with a startup. You feel at home in a fast changing, challenging environment where everyone has a lot of responsibilities.
You love to learn new things, learn them fast and apply them in a real business environment.
You focus on the big picture and don’t get lost in details. To do that, you consider not only technicalities but also overall design and user experience in every feature you build.
Even if you are not very active on social media, you know what’s out there, how to use it and how it could be integrated. You also have some general marketing understanding.
Curiosity has never been a bad word for you but is part of your nature. You know how to use it to your advantage.
You are independent but also not hesitant to look for help & input if needed instead of muddling along if you get stuck.
THINGS YOU MIGHT DO
Kingfluencers is a startup, so there are always things to do and improve. At our stage, there is a lot of flexibility in choosing what to do next as long as it fits the overall current needs. Here are just some of the things you might do:
- Help with coming up of solutions for challenging problems
- Research existing solutions for certain problems
- Research technologies we could use and integrate
- Sketch user flows for feature ideas for our web and mobile apps
- Sketch how features could be implemented (code & UI)
- Build new features from ground up and implement them from backend to frontend
- Talk to users to understand the root of the problem not only the symptom
- Debug problems and find solutions so they don’t happen again
- Think about architecture and how to improve it to handle scaling challenges
- Help build automated testing infrastructure to improve development speed
- Help improve the deploy mechanism
- Help improve the collaboration & task management flow
We understand that even though experience is useful, in a startup environment other abilities are much more important than raw skills. But of course, you should be able to write clean code, have a working knowledge of all the basic computer science topics and software engineering practices.
Rather than looking for a fit by diplomas, we like to see that you have built and shipped things before (include them in your application!) and that you are able to learn quickly all the necessary tools and technologies. Knowledge of the above technologies are not a requirement but chances are that the person we are looking for is familiar with at least some of them (since she/he has at least played around with them out of curiosity).
As a senior, you bring along some years of work experience on large scale backend and frontend projects. You also have experience with mobile development and can not only sketch technical solutions but also user interface related flows.
As a plus you have experience in leading a team of developers, working with designers and agile development.
To make sure that the applicants read this letter carefully, please add the following to the email when you apply: „I am not a robot“. We will only reply to applications when this is included.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A challenging, fast growing and open environment
- A guarantee that you’ll never want to work in a normal company again
- We see it as one of our responsibilities that everyone in the team advances her/his skill-set, not only technically but also in fields like leadership or communications and we will work on them with you
- A highly diverse and ambitious team that has done it before. Our CEO/CTO founded multiple companies and even sold one to Google.
- Free coffee, chocolate, fruits & nuts
- Work in one of the most vibrant regions in Zurich
- 18 holes full golf course (ok, it’s just a putting green but still!)
Sounds this like an inspiring opportunity to you? If so, please send your application (CV, portfolio, done projects, Github link, cover letter and references/diplomas) to: email@example.com