Business Development Representative
This function explores defined lists of target accounts and industry segments to develop the pipeline for new sales opportunities from cold or inactive accounts. This is a specialized goal dedicated to proactive business development focusing on moving leads through the pipeline.
You are responsible for proactive outbound prospecting and lead management. You will have a direct impact on our success by providing qualifying prospects from lead status into the sales pipeline. You will have a confident explanation for purpose and benefit of our offerings and solution. You will act as a layer between marketing and sales - handle all first contact with new clients and build relationships through marketing activity – events, campaigns, direct mail, email, etc. Your goal is to take a lead from a marketing campaign (MQL), qualify the lead through opportunity discovery, establish first contact (SQL), scheduling on-site appointments with an Account Executive, attending client meetings as required and follow through until a quote is delivered.
- Generate appointments and quotes by means of proactive outbound prospecting and lead activity management in an effort to qualify and market our solutions to potential clients
- Work directly with marketing to discover opportunities from leads, and set appointments from those leads
- Use strong selling and influencing skills to set up qualified appointments
- Consistently use sales approach and techniques based on Appway product or service solutions (whole product selling)
- Log, track and maintain client contact, contact records and activities in Salesforce
- Work closely with Account Executives and attending client meetings as required
- Attend sales meetings, vendor training, local trade shows to keep current with technology
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Strong in-person, phone and written client communication skills.
- Understanding of workflow systems, BPM, digitalization platforms and their application to client business process improvement
- Ability to make formal and informal presentations to staff and clients; either remotely via GoToMeeting or face-to-face on-site
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and shift work efforts based on the needs of the department and business goals
- Ability to manage time effectively, work independently and be self-motivated
- Must be able to travel
- Business fluent in German is a must