Qnami is an early stage start-up company whose ambition is to go beyond the limit of
standard technology with quantum solutions. Specifically, we develop new tools for
magnetic imaging at the nanoscale. Our products are carved out of high quality diamond
and aim at both the academic research and the industry.
New team members:
Qnami is run by an ambitious entrepreneur with strong expertise in quantum physics and
a young professor from the Physics Department of the University of Basel. We are
currently looking for an expert in micro and nano-fabrication to complement the team.
Overview of the position
As chief technical officer, you will be responsible for the production of upfront and
backend solutions and work with the rest of the team on the product roadmap. Your
mission will demand to interact with customers, understand their needs and translate
them into scalable solutions. As an early team member you will be involved in strategic
decisions and in the recruitment as the team expands.
Your task will include nanofabrication (e-beam lithography, plasma etching,
micromanipulation…), quality control (confocal microscopy, scanning probe
microscopy) and customer support. Good communication skills are required, as well as a
• You have an original mindset and like to go where no one has gone before.
• You have an entrepreneurial mind, you are goal oriented and willing to invest
time in a stimulating challenge.
• You have a background in physics, engineering, or nano-science.
• You have proven expertise in micro or nano-fabrication in a clean-room
environment (lithography, dry etching, chemistry).
• You have successfully managed projects in the past.
• You are systematic, well organized and have good communication skills.
• You are a fast learner and are open to constructive criticism.
• Experience in diamond technology is a plus.
• Experience in programming (C, Java, Python, Matlab) is a plus.
• Expertise in scanning probe microscopy (AFM, STM, other) and/or sensing.
• Previous experience with the semiconductor industry is highly valued.
What we offer
We offer a stimulating and ambitious challenge based on the most advanced
technologies. Quantum solutions represent a huge potential to address important
problems of today and tomorrow. Get on board of a formidable adventure.
Our start-up is still nested in the Physics Department of the University of Basel and
benefits from its exceptional expertise in condensed matter physics and international
Your remuneration will depend on experience and could include equity.
Qnami is based in Basel, Switzerland.
If you are interested, send us your application (CV + cover letter) at email@example.com